Man, oh man............The Saturday before we left to go to DW, Perry had taken J, M and J-Man to basketball tryouts. None of the boys have played, except when J was 5. When we returned we received a call from J's coach informing us that he has J on his, grades 5/6 team, along with M. We explained that M is in the 3rd grade so that couldn't be right.
Fast forward to the holidays being over and people working again. I called the Recreation Dept and talked to them about this issue. Turns out they have M on the 5/6 team AND on the 1/2 team. J-Man is on the 3/4 team. Okeeedoookeee. Just switch them. Oh...they also have all the wrong phone numbers for us which is why we haven't received any phone calls from other coaches.
Fast forward another few days. I also signed E, J and M up for an Agility Class. It was supposed to be on M, T, and R for an hour each day. The Rec Dept called to see if we could switch it to MW. In the meantime, I received the practice times for J's basketball. W from 5-6:30. I also received an email for M's team showing him on a 3/4 team. Guess who else is still on that team. Yep. J-Man.
Making a MUCH LONGER story short. They are going to prorate J for the times he will be able to do the Agility class, do the same for M if there is a conflict and, hopefully, get J-Man on the right team. Practices start tomorrow, with games starting Saturday so I sure hope this gets resolved quickly. Agility was supposed to start tonight, but is now postponed until the 12th.
I always find it funny when I sign the kids up for activities and then the activities are on the same nights. J will have Agility on M from 4:30 - 6 and Hip Hop from 7-8. Then on W he will have Agility from 4:30 - 5 and BB from 5-6:30. I have no doubt that M's will conflict somehow, just to make things more interesting.
It is now Tuesday. Tonight is the parent meeting where we are supposed to get the uniforms, schedules, etc. We haven't heard anything about J-Man's team, but I am assuming that he is actually on a team and we will meet the coach. Apparently, the boys will each have a game on Saturday, before any practices. Except J - he will have one practice. I know it seems that things are crazy and unorganized, but I am hoping to be amazed at how it all pulls together and simply works out. Hopefully, not with too many more phone calls having to be made!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment