Perry and I have determined to make a point to be more social this year. Now, Perry and I are super content to just be with one another and our family all the time. He works long hours so when he has free time we long to spend it together. However, our kids are desiring more activities that involve other families spending time with us so we will endeavor to fulfill this desire. It's not an overly strong desire for the kids yet, but before it becomes that...........
See, the issue is that I have my friends and Perry has his friends and somehow, for the most part, the two don't mix. That goes back to.....he works long hours so when he's off we like to spend it together.
All that to say........we have found a couple. Say that again. A COUPLE who we really like. A man and a woman AND two children. They like hiking. They LOVE outside activities. Their children are really nice. They are nice to us and our kids. They live only a couple of miles away. Their children are NOT E & J's age. This is good because M and J-man really need some friends. They actually talk to and seem to enjoy our kids, not just tolerate them. Our kids do not overwhelm them in any way. Or...they fake it all really well. Just kidding. I can see that it is sincere. We'll see how this relationship develops, but I am hopeful.
Our two boys played opposite each other at Saturday's basketball game. I had invited them to come over after the game. They arrived and we promptly tore all the boys away from airsoft and started out for Little Si. M and friend had a great time hiking together. They stayed in front of us most of the time with J and E. Serena and friend (will be 4 in 2 weeks) are both in about the same shape so they encouraged one another and hiked quite quickly. The only time we had to wait for them is if they decided to walk on a log or climb a rock.
We all passed this Really Weird Guy Strung Out On Some Type Of Drug. Great personal experience to show the kids what drugs do to you. Like Becky said, "Just say no to drugs."
We walked up until it was getting dark. S and Friend hiked the whole way up and down, but Perry and Mike carried them along the road to our house. I couldn't figure out why Perry and Mike were going so slow. ;-) Turns out it was J-man.
When we got home J-man said his legs were itching. I knew he had been walking with the men the whole hike. I just assumed he was wanting some daddy time. I started looking at his face. It's hard to tell in the light if his cheeks are just red from the cold or something else. He pulled up his pants and sure enough he had hives all over his upper legs. I pulled up his shirt and, yep all over his tummy and back, neck and face. Poor guy. I gave him Benadryl. It took longer to clear the hives up, but it did eventually.
Every time the poor guy is outside this year, this is happening. It happened one other summer when he was younger but hasn't happened to this extent since then. He did not get hives when we went tubing so that is something. I'll take him to the doctor, but last time it wasn't real helpful.
The boys enjoyed their time when we got home. They played airsoft, legos and video games. S and friend have always played well together. They really enjoy each other's company. We met this family at M's soccer so S and friend have had lots of time to play together.
All in all it was a successful day/evening in our venture into friends.
Mo - We received S's birthday present and the chocolate cookies. MMMMmmmmmm, boy did they taste delicious and come at just the right time. Thank you.
Our weather is just about to change for the worse, so I have moved up the Airsoft party. We are going to have it Tuesday along with a surprise birthday party for Little Miss. All the kids are super excited. I'm going to go get ready and take Little Miss to gymnastics. The boys have their agility class tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment