Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What We Hear

We were hiking down a trail. Little Miss looked up. A woman was about to pass us. Serena, gently, put her hand on the woman's arm and said very sweetly and in awe, "You are a Japanese woman."
The woman replied so nicely, "Yes, I am honey." She was just as shocked as I was, but not at all offended.
S said, 'That is so cool. Mommy did you see her? She's Japanese."
Yes, Little Miss......you are noticing the world around you. To you, it is all wonderful.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`


My interpretation of a conversation with M after I told him to climb down from the tree he was in..

M (good news to him) -"I climbed all the way to the top of the tree and touched the tippy top."

Tree is 50+ feet in the air and gets very skinny at the top, not to mention it is cold and this is completely unsafe.

M (bad news to me) - "I had to step onto the branches of another tree because the branches of the tree I was on were too skinny."

M (good news to him) - "The tree was as thick as my wrist the whole way up."

Mom (not real happy at this moment) - "The branch is supposed to be as thick as your wrist, NOT THE TREE! And, anyway, I said as thick as your Dad's wrist, not your own."

M (not at all deterred despite my Very. Serious. Conversation.) - "I felt empowered. It was awesome. I was so happy."


Clearly he didn't get my apprehension of heights.


Don't worry. Due to the seriousness of this I brought Perry in on it when he got home. I do try not to do that to him. I mean, who wants to come home and be bombarded with negativity, but every once in a while, it is necessary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M - "This math (fractions) is too easy. I already know how to do this."

What I think - How do you know how to do something you've never done. I watched and he really did know how. It wasn't simple fractions, but changing denominators and such.

What I say - "It should be very easy then and you should fly right through it."

No comments:

Post a Comment