Perry surprised us by buying a HUGE package of fireworks. During July 4th we are so paranoid about starting a fire that we attempt to go for fireworks that stay on the ground. This time, with 6 inches of snow still on the ground most of the fireworks are airborne.
We invited Grandma and Jered out. They didn't make it long since it was so very cold. Serena and I spent half the time in the Suburban watching because it was raining and cold. I hopped in and out of the house making and bringing out hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. The idea was to enjoy them afterwards, but..........it was so cold. Nuff said.
I watched all of you watching the fireworks forever imprinting the picture in my memory.
We asked all of you what your Resolution would be.
E - Being more tolerant of Matthew.
J - Not teasing E so much, which E was ecstatic to hear.
M - First he told us all what we could do to be nicer to him, until we explained that this isn't actually about us, but HIM. So...........he decided to try to be nicer. I think.
J-Man - I will be nicer to my brothers.
S - Giving to others.
Mom - I already enjoy our life so I want to have more adventures/experiences to enjoy. The kids are at a wonderful age for me to actually have fun and participate in the fun activities we do. When they were young, training and keeping everyone safe was my #1 priority so many experiences were fun, but tiring. Since we are space challenged here I want to go out and do more.
Perry - Sitting at a computer year after year has taken it's toll. He wants to get in better shape so he can enjoy doing more things with us. P, E and I have a membership at a local gym. We start today!
I know Perry feels he's in bad shape, however, the kids and I always tell him that no matter what he does he makes it look so easy. We try the same thing and are always amazed at how hard "it" is.
This is the first year in awhile that everyone stayed up until midnight. I think Perry was the first to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment