Thursday, January 8, 2009

Random Thoughts

I have put a lot of time into J-man and M's education lately. It is so going unappreciated by them. I assure them that some day they will be glad they can read.

Mom - "Your dad would like to play the X-box that was bought for him without any kids in the room."
E - "I'm not a kid." Which makes you?????what exactly??????

S - "My brothers don't believe anything I say because I lie a lot." Okkeeedokkeeee.

E - "Mom, I need the networking key to get this computer going." Apparently if one looks blankly at a child long enough they will go figure it out themselves. I love having computer/electronic literate children.

E - "S, people really don't like Tattletalers. "
S - "E, my friends don't know I tattletale so they still like me. Please don't tell them I do that or they won't like me."

We were driving the suburban back to my mom's house to make tracks in the snow for her. It was deep and I didn't want to turn around so I backed up instead. M, J-man and S were in the suburban, unbuckled, looking out the back window for me.
Mom - "Kids tell me which way to turn, it's really narrow and I can't see well."
Kids getting louder and louder, "Turn left Mom, turn left. Mom, turn left. Mommmmm. Turn. Left."
Mom finally figures out, "Ohhh......the OTHER LEFT."

S now takes chapter books and sounds out each. individual. letter. in. the. book. Makes for a long book.

J-Man was reading a book to me. The word was Pennsyl and then vania on the next line. He said, "Pennsyl pause vanilla." I find these things so very cute it is hard not to start laughing. Okay. I confess. I laugh every time, but I am trying to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment