Monday, January 19, 2009

More Little Si

We were trying to make it to The Bench, which is about 30-45 minutes from the top, but made the decision to turn back because it was getting dark. Turned out to be a REALLY GOOD DECISION because it was quite dusk when we got to our house.
E and J carried Nephew all the way down the mountain and on to our house. He almost fell asleep on their back's. Little Miss rode in the backpack. She is quite used to riding this way when she gets tired. We go on long hikes where she couldn't possibly keep up with the rest of us.
When we returned home J-man came up to me saying his face was itching. I said it was just cold, but agreed to take a look. Good thing I did. He was breaking out in hives. The kiddos are all allergic to pesticides and harsh chemicals, but they are also allergic to Something outside. We have yet to identify what exactly it is, but DO NOT leave the house without Benadryl. I quickly gave J-Man Benadryl and told him to take a shower. Within 20 minutes the hives had reversed and his skin was clear. I've seen this happen with him enough to know that untreated the hives spread, quite literally, right before our eyes and cover his entire body. You can't even imagine how thankful we are that Benadryl stops the reaction. We also always carry an Epi-pen in case anyone is wondering.
We had a wonderful time. The cold, fresh air was just what we needed after all the rain lately. The kiddos were quite exhausted. Perry and I took the younger one's to the store because they were trying to curl up and fall asleep on us. I explained, quite nicely, that they couldn't go to sleep until 9 because I wanted them to sleep All Night Long. They giggled.
We watched our movie that we have had for 2 weeks. Perry has been working crazy hours this last week and we haven't had time to watch it. Can't say it was worth the wait, but it was nice spending along time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment