Friday, June 5, 2009

Wonderful

Our doctor called with M's blood work results. Everything, especially the lymphocytes (I think) look normal. That is absolutely WONDERFUL news.

We decided to use this as a baseline for M. We are going to go on our vacation soon, unless something goes wrong before then. Like, more lumps, lumps grow bigger or M seems obviously sick. After our vacation I will take M back to the doctor and we will determine if we continue to take a wait and see approach or get the biopsy.

Clearly, the biopsy would be traumatic for M AND IF the blood work had come back abnormal in any way we would not hesitate to get one done. But, it didn't, so that buys us some time.

The doctor says it is possible that M had strep or some type of viral illness that has caused this. It's possible we will never know.

We'll be praying that his body is able to fight off whatever is happening and all will be normal. I now know what I'm feeling so will keep a close eye on him to make sure he stays healthy.

My mom could certainly use prayers as she heads into liver surgery (they are going to take out the tumor, removing part or possibly all the left lobe of her liver) on the morning of the 16th. Philip and his family will be staying with Jered at her house. Our family will be on a vacation that we have had planned for 6 months.

I've attempted to talk my mom into waiting for 5 days so we will be back in town, but she is not willing to do that, so, as strange as it seems to be at an amusement park when she has such major surgery, I guess that is where we will be anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment