No one, except S, really wanted to ride out tonight, but..................we did it anyway.
M complained and complained and went so very slow that Perry and I would have to stop.
Then............Perry said to me, "Michele, they must not have checked the air in your tire. It's looking low. No. It is low. Stop. Stop. Right now."
I came to a hurried stop.
Perry and whichever of us were closer at any given time that he needed help, changed my flat. There was a 1" screw in it.
Wanting to make sure we were entertaining - S, J-man and I danced while waiting. I taught J how to partner-dance and then taught S how to do air guitar in a dramatic sort of way. I have this wonderful $7.99 little speaker that hooks to my ipod so we can all listen to music without having headsets on.
Managed to get a laugh out of Perry who was slaving away.
The kids played in the woods.
The flat was finally fixed and we continued on for 10 minutes or so.
We decided to have J and E stay behind the slowest rider on the ride back. As I say, "We are only as fast as the slowest rider and it is really frustrating for them to constantly attempt to catch you two only to have you take off again when they finally catch up."
J and E were great about staying back and J made up a game with J-man, which resulted in J-man riding the Whole. Way. Back. Way to go J-man. I was shocked. It was a lot of work and I was having to pedal the whole time which meant double for him.
When we were close to where we would be riding along a rode with lots of cars, we stopped to let J-man rest. J took S running. When the bike ride is long, she will get out and run for awhile. She enjoys running and has done this since she was 1. She actually runs fast enough that we can stay on our bikes and pedal.
E, J and I went on ahead with Perry following behind J-man to direct him. E and J rode straight home. S and I stopped at the bridge and waited for J-man to catch up.
I then took S on the small mountain biking trail while Perry stayed with J-man on the paved - main road. S and I were cruising along. I was really pushing it. Trying to make all the little hills without having to stop.
I heard M hollering and looked over to see them stopped beside the road. I finished the trail (there was no other choice) and rode back to them along the road.
The blahblahblah was broken on J-man's bike. The back wheel wouldn't turn. O-kay. Not exactly our best ride here. I suggested Perry take S on the tagalong and M could walk my bicycle while I carried/pushed J-man's to the Little Si Trailhead parking lot.
That worked well. J-man and M played in the woods, then J-man and I took pictures of ourselves while taking turns holding the camera. Makes for some funny pictures.
I decided to finish the bike ride by myself. I cruised trying to beat Perry only to look back once I was turning into our driveway and he hadn't even pulled out. ha ha
Attitude - Most of us 8,
One of us - 1
Fun - 3 (We encountered lots of problems - I hope we've used up our problems for awhile)
Again - 10
As a complete afterthought - We are attempting to make S more comfortable because the long ride and little wiggle room was hurting her tailbone. She has a gel seat, but we bought and have now carved a foam pillow and are hoping this will work better. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment