J-man and I discussed what wearing a wedding ring represents. The conversation then continued, "Mom, what if you were to fall in love with someone?"
"You mean with someone other than your dad?"
"Yes."
"It won't happen." This would've been enough of an answer a couple years ago.
"But, what if it does? What if you like or love someone more than dad? You might someday. It could happen." Hmmmmm...........my mind was thinking about what to say at this point. All of the other kids were clearly listening.
"Well.....yes.....it could happen, but it would be a sin. A sin called adultery." I then explained what adultery is so that all the kids could understand.
"But, what would you do? What if? What would you do?"
"I would do nothing."
"What do you mean? Nothing?"
"I would simply do nothing. I would not act on the feelings I might have. I am married to your dad and committed to the relationship until death do us part."
"So, that's why you wear your ring?" Somehow we had come full circle in the conversation.
"Something like that J-man."
No comments:
Post a Comment