Yesterday was our Out Of The House Early day. I drove the boys to their activities, turned right around, drove S to the dentist, left them hanging to go back and pick up the boys, got the kids lunch, went back to finish the dentist, got J lunch (his bite only connects in two places so food choices have altered dramatically for him) and finally drove home.
We had been home all of 20 -30 minutes before J-man came out and sheepishly told me his knife fell in the toilet. O-kay. I took one look in the toilet, couldn't see the knife and decided I was not the man for this job.
I told him to go to E and get his opinion. E told him to get some plastic gloves on. J-man did, but his arms/hands are too short and remember, you couldn't actually "see" the knife. I quietly told J-man to go back to E and see if he would get the knife out because otherwise that bathroom would be put off-limits until Perry got home.
To my utter shock, E actually did, while the rest of us were laughing so hard we had tears pouring down our faces, reach in There and get the knife out. God bless you E because there was no way I was doing That. We're just preparing you for parenthood early.
Fast forward 20-30 more minutes. I had kicked M off his computer to check my email since my laptop was broken (which Perry has since fixed). I heard a crash/thump followed by an, "I'm not hurt."
My first question when hearing a loud noise is, "Is anyone hurt?" Material things are material things and regardless of what happened they can or not be replaced but kids can't which is why S said immediately, "I'm not hurt."
I entered the kitchen to investigate the noise and saw S eating powdered sugar off the floor. While attempting to hold in my laughter I told her to go clean up and decided how to get the powdered sugar off the floor without making an even bigger mess.
This whole incident reminded me of the time E was barely 2 and J was 6-7 months. We lived in a very small home. We kept extra food in our closets. E and J were supposed to be sleeping. Perry and I heard coughing and decided to investigate it. When we entered our bedroom there was a white haze in the room.
Turned out E had found some powdered sugar and was throwing it around the room and eating it. J was the one coughing because he was inhaling the powdered sugar. Talk about a HUGE mess to clean up and not even knowing where to start..........
After S changed clothes and washed her face she decided she wanted to "help" me clean up the sugar. What a mess! But........not nearly as big a mess as 11 years ago or the 30 minutes prior.
No comments:
Post a Comment