Friday, April 10, 2009

When It Rains.......

I must say that this has not been a particularly good couple of weeks. I don't exactly understand how so many things can go wrong for one family. Sometimes, it seems a bit never-ending. I accept what is because there is little else to do, but sometimes it just plain sucks.

On Tuesday, I felt that S's pain was under control enough to leave the house for the day. We went to a friend's house and visited. On the way home one of my teeth broke. It is one that had a crown and had problems when I fell trying to save S 2 years ago.

To make a very long and painful story short. I went to the dentist the next day. That turned into a surprise jaw surgery. After 2 very painful and long, long hours I came home with strict instructions not to pretty much do anything for a couple of days and don't do this or that for the next 3 weeks. Days 2 and 3 post surgery are going to be more painful than today. This whole process to get this fixed is going to take around 6 months, off and on.

When the numbing medicine wore off, holy moly, the pain was absolutely incredible. I really thought I was going to have to go to the hospital for a shot of something stronger. I may still end up having to do that. Perry ended up coming home, having no idea I was going to end up with a bone and membrane graft and that this was going to be such a big deal.

Day 2 led to Perry working, the toilet overflowing, me laying in bed not moving.

So......today is day 3. I can't say I'm on top of the pain, but I'm trying to find a way to be. I am glad we were able to celebrate J's 12th birthday.

Tomorrow, we are going to decorate 8 dozen eggs. Hopefully catch up on laundry. Love each other. I'm sure hoping tomorrow is a little more painfree than the last 3 days have been.

This is making the headaches and neuropathy seem like a picnic.

Prayers that the stitches disolve when they are supposed to, I think there are 12 or so, and that the membrane graft heals and becomes part of my jaw bone (at least I think that is what is supposed to happen) are greatly appreciated. Oh and that the bone graft does whatever it's supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment