Well....the bicycle ride went well. My calves and quads are absopositutely killing me today. I'm so surprised by this. We bike ride often and for much longer rides. I think my legs hurt because J keeps up a steady, fast speed, thereby not giving my legs a break, at all. When I go with the Little's, we stop so much that I get all the break I want and more. However, we are still going to head out on a long bike ride since it is sunny and beeyootiful.
Pain control for Little Miss has not gone so well. After calling our family doc, whose nurse said snottily, "It would have been better if you would have called before 3:30 on a Friday. I told her "never mind" and hung up on her. Perry then talked to the orthopedic doctor who told us to take S to the ER and get an x-ray.
I took her. Everything, thankfully looks the same. Her hand is still very swollen and obviously broken. She is in a LOT of pain at night. He put her back on the stronger narcotic because the pain was breaking through the Lortab after 2 hours and then I had nothing to give her for the pain. It would be a whole lot better here if she could have ibuprofen. I don't think we would have this issue because ibuprofen works better for any bone pain.
Last night, she fell asleep with Perry. She slept for 4 hours, woke up. I gave her pain meds. They take 45 minutes to work. We stayed awake for 45 minutes, then she slept for another 4hours to repeat the whole process until we got out of bed. That was a lot more sleep than we've gotten since she broke her wrist.
I'm off to fix breakfast while Perry and E change flat tires.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment