Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's Been Too Long.....













I told Perry I was going to kidnap him. He was all for it. The boys were bummed because they LOVE to go shooting. Did I mention that it was raining? Hard.
We shot at targets and golf balls. I was surprised that I was able to send one flying. I was even more surprised when Perry sent one flying that was barely peeking out of that puddle way behind the targets. He was aiming between the 2 barrels and it was barely noticeable.
This is the first time Perry and I have gone alone to the range. We usually change out the kids, each of us taking turns shooting. My target is to the left. The range was empty which is always nice.
We always practice as if it's an emergency and I don't have much time to line everything up. Draw and shoot. It went well with the .45. Perry was interested to see if the gun would jam since we keep it cocked and locked in the safe. I am happy to report that there was no jamming. Not so wonderful when I used the .380, which, incidentally is my gun and the one I carry with me if I am without Perry. I have a new concelaed carry backpack coming. I'm hoping it will leave my hands free to deal with the kids and that the kids and I can go other places, now that they are older, so we don't have to wait for Perry to take us.
However, I'm re-thinking taking the .380. Seriously. It jammed over and over. Perry thinks it's because of the way I'm holding it, but whatever.....I'm sure I'll hold it the same way in an emergency. It's just that the .45 is a little bigger than I like to carry. We (or rather Perry) are going to clean the .380, buy some better ammo and see if it solves the problem.
Perry stopped and bought my mom and S flowers on the way home. We still need to have an Easter egg hunt inside since it apparently is not going to stop raining today.

.....Perry and I had a blast.






No comments:

Post a Comment