Thursday, February 26, 2009

Workstation #3

I'm working towards that goal. We've always homeschooled at the dining room table or living room or car or beach or park or wherever. Well......now that E is taking high school classes his work is quite spread out. He LOVES Perry's office and it has become the office to fight over.

When Perry walks into his office, his desk top is no where to be found. E is usually working and taking a break, back to working and doesn't want to have to put his school work away just to take a break. I completely understand and Perry has been extremely gracious with nary a peep about the HUGE inconvenience to him. However, Perry's job necessitates him working from home so I set about to make this a more pleasant experience for all involved.

Add to that - J is in Pre-Algebra and will be taking Algebra starting September and M will be in Pre-Algebra next year, it just seems necessary to be able to spread out. You know.......stretch your wings and fly when math gets to where each question takes a page to answer.

The older two boys and I had worked hard all day. In order to actually move anything you have to take every. thing. out. I decided to look (I mainly succeeded) at this as an opportunity to clean behind things, in the corners, downsize and re-group.

When Perry walked in the door he headed straight for the office because he knew we had done something. Boy, was he SHOCKED to see the 2'X2' pile that was his computer, wires, modem, wires, headset, wires, hub, wires, external hard drive, wires, keyboard, wires, docking station, wires, monitor, wires and did I mention wires. We had ever-so-gently piled them all so nicely right on the floor because they were hindering our ability to be successful in this endeavor.

He quickly re-grouped himself and commented on the hard work we had done and how nice it looked. Gotta love that man! I wish I had taken a picture of the mess of wires. It was so awful I had no idea where to even start. Which is why I didn't.

The reason he has now worked for 3 hours getting the computer untangled and all the above up and running is because it is the central hub for our house and my mom's. I don't even know if she knows that she was without phone and Internet for a lot of today.

I have sat on the floor talking to him. J has been his right hand man since he came home. It has GREATLY improved J's mood. I'm thinking he's lacking daddy-time. Me too! He's been a busy, busy man lately. Thanks Per for being so incredibly understanding and covering your horror well. It's always great to just focus on the positive, huh? I'm all about positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment