Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Seeing The World Through M's Eyes

M has a lot of energy. He always has. It's a part of him. We, mostly, accept what that means, but it often means that life can be interesting. When we hike, he runs ahead and circles back at us.. He seems as if he could go forever.


Today, the kids and I went out shopping for Valentines and a birthday present for Perry. Then we stopped at Costco. We had all had a good time shopping. We were laughing and joking around. S was skipping beside the cart while the boys helped push/pull it. M guessed $250. The total was $247. He's usually closest. I guessed $200.


When we were exiting E said he was going to go ahead and get the pizza's we had ordered. Once you step out the exit, the food court is to the left. There are about 6 red/white tables in a row that you have to walk by to get to the window of the food court. The boys took off running towards the food court. Why walk when you can run! M took about 3 steps and then......................(insert music here) this obstacle course caught his eye.

Yep.....the tables. He jumped effortlessly onto the bench, up to the table, on to the next bench. He was just about to clear the space between two tables, totally focused on his goal, when I caught him by the wrist. I quickly pulled him to my side and put his hand on the cart, not saying anything. What, exactly does one say in such a situation without embarassing a child. Plus......I am his mom and know this child well so I can totally see the appeal of the tables as an obstacle course.


I heard male laughter behind me. I looked up and two guys were failing at holding in their laughter. M, was hung over the cart realizing what he had done, smiling sheepishly. I couldn't hold my laughter in anymore. I was trying. It just looked so fun.


I'm thinking he should be in some type of Special Forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment