This is what we go through to get a good picture of us where we're all standing still, patiently waiting for whoever is taking the picture.
We had just toured the fort and were headed down to the ocean. There is this wonderful trail, makes for a nice leisurely stroll down. We, naturally, didn't go that way.
I'm just glad that Perry is so strong because he's always carrying one or another of the kiddos. A few years ago when we climbed one of these cliffs, but further down where it was steeper, I completely froze. Perry had gone up an easier way and took J-man and Little Miss. I had helped the boys up over a hard part where there weren't any hand holds. They finished the climb to the top. I couldn't get up that little part. I looked down and my fear of heights kicked in. It was a LONG way down and looked like it was straight down or straight up. I couldn't get myself to move in any direction. Perry stood at the top encouraging me to keep going. I. Just. Couldn't. Once he realized I was serious, he took all the kids away from the edge of the cliff, sat them down, giving E & J each a smaller child with strict instructions to not. let. go. of. their. hand/body. He then climbed down, got behind me, and talked/pushed me the rest of the way up. I am often thankful that he is in my life. I should mention here that he is never patronizing of me, never raises his voice, never acts as if I'm wasting time, never acts as if my fears are not real, just patiently talks me through or helps in anyway he can. I really do appreciate this very endearing quality of his.
No comments:
Post a Comment