The bear that has plagued us for months will, prayerfully, be gone tomorrow. Perry managed to get a hold of The Powers That Be and the nice officer has set up a trap in our yard. The officer very politely answered the five gazillion questions that the kids (especially Josiah - it was hard for him to keep quiet) asked. He reminds me of E in that the excitement just shines in his eyes and he has so many questions that he needs answered NOW, not in 2 minutes when he could see the process for himself. I will keep the kids inside unless Perry or I are out with them until the bear is trapped.
I sure hope this is the end of picking up a gazillion little, tiny, itty-bitty pieces of garbage from the ground. We have to go up the mountain and pick up garbage the bear has dragged it so far.
Hopefully I'll have pictures tomorrow. Oh.....the title is because they trap the bear with Krispy Kreme donuts. The officer placed them around and in the steel container. When the bear pulls on the sock full of donuts, dripping with syrup and vanilla extract, the heavy trap door will close. I will then, unless Perry is home because he's a whole lot more brave than I am, not to mention protective of me, go outside, push on the steel door to make sure it's really closed (Yikes!) and put a pin through the hole. We will call the officer who will come and do a hard release to/on the bear. I'll let you know how that goes.
I'm going to run to the neighbors and ask them to keep their dogs in tonight. If a dog is trapped it will kind of defeat the whole purpose of this. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment