Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday LIttle Miss


On this, your 5th birthday, you call everyone to remind them it is, afterall, your 5th birthday. I'm sure the Aunt's appreciate and recognize the gesture since we are so good at doing the same for their kids. :-) Thanks Aunt's for responding appropriately. May I return the favor. This is the year!!
There are things that I notice the most about you. One, you are strong. Physically strong. You have powerful legs. It's awesome to watch you run. It's commented on all the time. And....God, apparently gave you extra spring in your joints. Sounds funny, but Girl, you can jump. From the time you were a babe you have jumped. When you get tired, you climb and jump. You can jump far from a standing position. Your joints never hurt from jumping. I'm always amazed. I'm hoping that the reason you have extra joint help is because it will help you later in life.
You are very much your dad's girl in that if someone "needs" help, you can not sit idly by and watch, you must help. Now, "need" is up to your interpretation. For instance, there was a 13mo old girl in Kidzone who was crying for her mom. When I came to pick you up, you were the only one of 5 kids who was not watching TV. You were over with the teenager who was holding the baby trying to help him calm her. Apparently you had been very helpful in keeping her from screaming the whole time. If there is a person that needs help, you will not run ahead, even if I can see you would really rather be doing something else. Something draws you to help.
While you are athletically strong, you are all girl. Well, besides the fact that you really like to play with worms and bugs. The boys are nice enough to find them for you. You love dresses, dress up, pretend (okay real) makeup and fixing your hair. You love to twirl and dance. Your body is all girl. You practice what will one day be womanly moves (body postures). It's fun to watch. It's so very different than the boys who at that age were barely aware of their bodies. You like me to fix your hair in different ways. You usually have an idea and I try to get it to look like you're describing. You talk to me about different "men" you would like to marry. I explain,, very gently, because you are serious and I want to protect your feelings, that they are too old for you. They are, after all, in their 20's and 30's! You then decide that maybe you will marry their little brother.

Ever since you were a newborn you have slept in the crook of my arm. When you were a newborn you would centimeter your way over to me until you were snuggled under my arm/against my side. You still sleep that way. Every night you need an arm to cuddle up to. I'm sure this will end soon so I just enjoy the cuddles for now.

You had quite a birthday week this year. You had a princess party on Tuesday, Grandma took you out to Red Robin on Friday (I think this is the second time in your life she's taken you anywhere so you were very excited) and we took you out to Red Robin (your choice of restaurant) on Saturday. Carrie and I made you cupcakes for your Tuesday party. E decorated your cake (he did a great job) on Saturday. You got your baby doll which is what you wanted the most for your birthday.

Happy Birthday Little Girl. We love you so much. You have brought so much joy and pink to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment