So far so good. I've decided that in Zumba I have to NOT think about how my body should move. It's been a long time since my body has moved that way and that fast. If I don't think about how the hands go, which are different from the shoulders, which are different from the hips and the feet the other way, it just works by watching the instructor. If I start thinking about each individual movement...............yi yi yi.
19 out of 100 days. The never-ending cold has made it a lot more difficult to do the high intensity cardio but I'm doing it anyway.
S totally rocked in her jazz recital. She completely nailed the move (that had troubled her in the rehearsal) where she has 6 seconds to get into position and then grabs onto her ankle and her leg goes above her head. When she was first given this I was surprised because she has never had any dance before and I wasn't even sure she could stand and still get her leg above her head. But, she did. And, she was solid for the time she needed to be and really the recital was her best performance ever.
M had to take over the lead for hip hop because the other dancer didn't show up. That was a surprise but he did a great job and I'm sure no one knew we were missing a dancer. J-man nailed a 5 second handstand in the dance. I didn't even know he could stay up for 5 seconds. I don't think he knew it either. It just worked.
My mom was able to come and see the recital, thanks to J and E staying with my brother. She rarely has been to any of the kids' events so it was a huge deal to the kids.
I'm hoping this cold doesn't completely kick my hiney. I'm committed. No matter what.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment