Day 5 found Perry and I in the new class that I was really looking forward to. We agreed to meet at the gym. Both of us arrived late, no we didn't coordinate it, but at the same time. He quickly changed into gym clothes.
There were a lot of people in the room. We slipped in to the back and maneuvered until we could see the instructor.
Long story short here.....the room was really, really hot the whole entire time and the class was disappointing. I didn't like the music as much as the other class this class is taking over for and the instructor (who we both like) wasn't really on. She did the same 3 moves over and over and over. Which would be fine, except when the class is an hour long and high intensity, one needs a different muscle worked or one can't keep doing it. Just sayin'.
So, I'm going to give it a few weeks and won't feel at all guilty taking the kids to their youth group instead of doing the class. I figure in a few weeks she will have the kinks worked out and be able to do more than 3 moves.
Day 6 worked out quite well for me. I'm sure I owe Perry now. The whole family attended. E and J went their own way, eventually ending up on the treadmills side by side. J-man came with me to the treadmills and I ran/walked on the treadmill while he did the erg. Which......remember, I had promised him he could do first. Oh, yes I did and he didn't forget.
M went with Perry to the elliptical. There weren't 4-5 of any type of machine available for us to stay together. About 10 minutes into the workout, J-man was done and so went to Perry. Which.....allowed me to, ahem, not be interrupted every 30 seconds so I could focus on my music and run/walking.
I did look over every so often to see Perry leaning down to listen to M or J-man. Eventually J-man ended up on a treadmill in front of me and M ended up on a treadmill beside E and J. I don't think they are really tall enough to see the TV on the elliptical but they can see it on the treadmill. The TV's are kind of weird in that they are pretty high up on the machine and you can't change the angle but the reflection of the light often makes it where you can't see it. Kind of like a laptop screen, but you can't fix it.
Anyway.............we then went to Target and did a few other errands before arriving home around 9ish. It had been a long, busy day with a little too much complaining from the kids and my patience was long gone so I did something I do all of twice a year and sent the kids to their rooms to read while Perry and I finished up and talked about what we needed to. After about an hour my patience returned and the kids came out and helped finish up making the turkey soup I was making, incidentally from a turkey a friend sent us for Christmas. We eventually finished with a huge pot of soup for dinner the next day and 2 containers of soup in the freezer for another day.
Perry and I retired to our room where we spent some quality time and I'm sure he's exhausted today after getting to sleep at midnight. There is just so much to do around our house trying to put it back together and the kids and I can't do it all.
E still has his stupid cough from the Police Academy he attended so I'm sure it's hard for him to work out right now, but we only require he move even if it is at 2 mph on the treadmill. I'm thinking I'm going to have to take him to the doctor but we're trying a few things at home first.
6 our of our 100 days are completed. Go Us!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment