Happy New Year!!!
It's always better to start something new together. Yes? Yes.
For the next 100 days *we* are going to spend at least 20 minutes per day actively involved in fitness as a family. Now, Little Miss won't be involved but she's the most active, with her gymnastics and dance, anyway. M and J-Man.....we'll see. They can't work out at the gym while I'm in class and they don't want to come to the classes with me so we'll see how we work it out with them. I'm thinking they'll work out when Perry does. The one rule for us is that no one does it alone. So, if Perry is late getting off work, at least one of us will meet him.
E came back skinny and starving from the Academy so he's just looking to keep on keeping on so he'll already be fit for upcoming adventures in the spring and summer.
Today the 6 of us, S stayed at my mom's due to no child-care, went to the gym. The idea was to just do the treadmill. Which..........would've worked if there were those of them who felt like 5 minutes on the treadmill didn't equal 30 and want to go home.
I was told, at the 9 minute mark, that we were finished and had been there for 20 minutes. I explained how to tell time better and *they* found a recumbent bike.
I get extra points (Perry and I keep track for each other *wink wink*) from Perry because while he was face-forward watching TV treading along the whole. entire. 30. minutes, I was telling J-Man that no he couldn't do the erg until the last 5 minutes every 2 minutes. Telling M that 7 mph was fast enough and actually too fast. Then when I wouldn't let him wander around he decided to set the treadmill at .5 mph. I glared at him but was too lazy, oh wait, too motivated to complete my 30 mins, to get off the treadmill and deal with him. Perry was, after all, directly next to him, but blissfully unaware of everything except the TV. Lucky him.
He missed the snap from E when I asked J-Man to go ask E nicely how to do the erg. Yes, that meant there were 5 minutes left. E eventually *helped* and J-Man was a happy camper for the last minutes. M decided that walking to the top of the treadmill and riding it back down wasn't as fun as it was the first 5 minutes and upped his speed so when 30 minutes was up and I walked over to tell Perry we were finished he remained completely unaware of anything but a wonderful workout. Next time he gets to be at the treadmill where he can watch everyone and I get the look-out-the-window-treadmill.
Day 1 is done. I wasn't even winded but didn't want to attempt to run because I knew I would get frustrated if I had to stop a run every 30 seconds. Next time I'm going to have a conversation ahead of time about not interrupting every 30 seconds. Let's, at least, get 5 minutes into it.
Perry learned why we play music loud in the suburban on the way home. It was quite different stopping at the store without Serena. J-Man held my hand and asked to be pulled along on the ice. Nice times. I feel very small walking through the store with all my man-boys surrounding me. M and J-man are almost my height and J and E long ago passed me up.
Day 2 - here we come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment