So far so good. Day 2 we had a little chat about expectations while in the gym. The chat went something like, "M and J-man, we will be here for 30 minutes. For the first 15 minutes you may only walk on the treadmill. You may not walk up the treadmill and ride it down, ad nauseum. The minimum speed will be 2 mph and the maximum speed 7, if you really must go that fast. No, don't interrupt, just listen. If you are going 7 mph you may not be messing around with anything on the machine or your headphones. You must have the clip on that stops the machine."
Where in M inquired, "You mean if we don't have to have the clip on if we're not going 7 mph?"
"No, that's not what I mean. You have to have the clip on the whole time."
I forgot that ours at home won't operate without the clip on and the one's there will.
I continued, "The last 15 minutes you may switch to another machine close to us or share the erg."
About this time we arrived at the gym. I took the treadmill closest to the wall and window, talked to Perry about reminding the boys of the rules and off I went. Only once did I tap Perry to point at M who was riding the treadmill down. Perry put up 2 fingers which quickly reminded M of the rule.
I was able to do some running, which is what I feel I need to do if we are only going to exercise for 30 minutes. It felt great. M scared me to death with his 7 mph stints, but he obeyed so it was all good.
J-man left mad because he didn't get to do the erg as long as he wanted so next time he gets to start with the erg.
Day 3 E and Little Miss stayed home and did Kinect for 20 minutes for their fitness. Perry and I did an extreme cardio class where the instructor now knows him by name and likes to be "encouraging".
Day 4 is our busiest day of the week and we struggled with how to fit it in before 9:30 at night with sick kids at home. We ended up fitting it in between picking S up from Ballet and waiting for E to finish his Police Explorer evening.
I tried to do my running but my clothes kept falling off/down (which is good, yes?) so made a mental note to wear a smaller size next time and only walked at a brisk pace. I think Perry is a month from feeling good working out but he's determined and sticking with it.
I am excited that tonight is the first Turbo Kick and Perry and I are going to meet at the gym to attend together. The younger 3 all have gymnastics but E and J will come to the gym with us. I love the child care workers and, thankfully, so does Little Miss. She gets just as much of a workout in there. She is often the only one and the teenage girls will put on music and dance with her.
We have a few sick kids here so I am interested to see how we don't let this mess up our 100 continuous days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment