Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sometimes It's Better Not To Look

Oh. My. Word.

I sent the 3 younger kids outside to play. I'm watching out the window and see Serena get the trapeze bar swinging by grabbing ahold of the rings hanging below it, swing her legs up and over the bar, still swinging. She then hooks her knees over the bar and lets go, still swinging. She grabs ahold again, swings her body at an odd angle and flips off the trapeze swing. The momentum sending her into a run. Either that or fall flat on her face.

It is completely different when her brothers do it. Their hands either reach or come really close to reaching the ground when they hang upside down. She's a good 18 inches from the ground.

The only comment I made to her, even though I really wanted to tell her to just s.t.o.p., was she couldn't be in a full swing when she does this.

Whatever happened to sitting on the floor coloring? Isn't that what girls are supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment