Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Fourth

It has been really nice to have Perry home a little more often. His job is a demanding job. He's good at what he does. This weekend he was needed at work, but due to the wonderful technology that is life he was able to do the same work from home. It was interesting watching him work and always gives better insight to what a demanding job he has.

Today, we went for a bike ride. We haven't been on a long bike ride in forever and boy oh boy did I feel every one of S's 40 pounds. We all struggled, but finally reached our destination where the kiddos swam for awhile.

The ride back totally rocks because it's all downhill. We made awesome time. We then ate hamburgers and lit fireworks. We had watered our woods and lawn because when we did fireworks earlier in the day we started a small grass fire at our neighbor's. Thankfully, there were no fires from our night fireworks.

The only remarkable, besides being exhausting, occurrence from our bike ride was when a medium size dog came running at us, viciously snarling, lunging towards our legs. Perry, being the ever fearless man he is, managed to plant himself between the dog and the rest of us. This is not an easy feat when there's 6 of us, but we were all happy to get behind him. He courageously kept the dog away from us while we quietly and slowly got on our bikes and kept going.

I asked him later if he was ever scared. Because, let's be real here, I sure was. I really thought one of us was going to have a dog's jaw wrapped around a leg. He said, "No, I wasn't scared that I would get hurt, but I was afraid for the rest of you because it had to come by you before I could get to you." My knight in shining armor. I love you, hon. I'm sure glad you're with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment