Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I don't get it.

I absolutely love being a mom of boys. I respect men and think they are God's gift to women.

Some things, however, I just don't get.

For as long as we've had kids the rule is if you want your window down, no problem. I don't even care if the heat is on and it's freezing outside. I don't care if the air conditioner is on and it's boiling outside. If you want your window down, have it down. Now, notice that I changed the pronoun to I.............Perry, doesn't feel the same way. But, we've agreed to disagree on this so if the kids and I want the window down, he attempts to not say anything or roll his eyes or something equally wonderful like that.

The part that I don't get.............Little Miss is 5. Oh, back to the rule. The rule is that when we are pulling into a parking lot or a place where we are going to be getting out of the car, PUSH THE BUTTON THAT ROLLS THE WINDOW UP. Simple, huh? Well, apparently, not so much.

Back to Little Miss......who, did I mention is 5!!!?! For over a year now, as soon as we pull into a parking lot she will, without being told, roll up her window. So that when we stop and turn off the car her window is already up. When we pull into our driveway, she will, yes, without being told, roll up the window. When we are pulling into Perry's work, yep, roll up the window. And, she is like me and rolls it down every chance she gets so it's not like the boys have it down and she doesn't.

The boys...............when we pull into a parking lot, we shut off the car, turn around and, yep, the window is still down. Almost every single time. They have had more years to learn this important lesson and yet......................

I just don't get it. Some things I've decided will be saved for them when they are parents and Perry and I will laugh our rear ends off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment