Perry was attempting to find the/a stud in the wall so he could hang the television up. The stud finder found all kinds of studs. After 6 holes in the wall he said, "I'm not going to drill another hole."
"Why don't you just knock on the wood and I'll tell you when it sounds different?" I replied.
He knocked across the wall.
I told him when to stop.
He drilled right into the stud.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lest you think this is normal.................
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were driving the white suburban to two different residences to let them test drive it. After the first guy told us all the things wrong with it I told Perry I didn't think the other people would buy it so, "Why don't we leave the black one in the store parking lot and drive together. That way we can enjoy each other's company for the 30 minute drive north?"
We drove together.
They bought the suburban.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We try to balance living a full, safe life vs letting fear lead our lives or our kids' lives. So, when J wanted to play football this year, we agreed to let him. The football practices start Tuesday.
J will be having his broken arm reset under general anesthesia Tuesday.
Thank God I don't have to worry about J getting hurt playing football.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been telling E for weeks that if he's not careful when he comes to a spinning, sliding, grinding halt on his bicycle that he is going to crash. His is an adult mountain bike not really made for that I tell him.
He now has chunks out of his hands and knee just so I could be right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a reason that there are doctors who are specialists.
Remember that.
We, apparently, need constant reminders.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are going to fall and break a bone requiring a trip to the ER, please make sure to do so when you have lots of company over for dinner.
It totally saves the parents having to get a babysitter for the other kids.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After we left to take J to the ER because his arm was at an angle bones just don't bend, Little Miss discussed with Carrie the relative functionality of a Ripstick.
"That thing is NOT safe. Well......unless you wear handcuffs."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm helping coach S's soccer this year. She is so very excited to be playing after watching her brothers play for 5 years.
We were practicing changing sides and going the other direction like they will do at half time.
Two times I told the kids they were going the wrong way when they were not.
Sure glad I can be of assistance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I explained to J gently, "Honey. Seriously. You can't stay home for 6-8 weeks until your cast is off. It's not even "on" yet. We have games to go to. Co-ops to attend. Life to live. "
His reply, "I am getting a pink cast and staying home until it's off."
A sense of humor is important.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment