Once Perry or I have given our final answer the kiddos are not allowed to argue their point and must accept our dictate. Sounds good, huh?
This was found in Perry's email. Presented in Powerpoint. I don't know how to post a link and can't get the Powerpoint to come up so I'll just copy/paste it. Imagine, however, getting a post from your son that says, "Hey, dad, please get on this link."
When dad opens the link he sees a Powerpoint presentation done with a dark grey background and bold, red lettering.
Title: REASONS WHY I SHOULD GET A PAINTGUN.
Reason 1:
I am a responsible 13 year old
I am a responsible 13 year old and that means that I can follow the rules and not disobey, or use in the wrong ways.
Reason 2:
I can obey the rules
I can obey the rules about the paint ball gun’s use and shooting.
Reason 3:
I can pay for my own
I can pay for my own paintball gun, CO2, and bullets. I don’t have to have you and mom paying for it .
Reason 4:
Who cares if we only have one gun
Who cares if we only have one gun and we most likely won’t because if I buy one Josh will probably buy one too and even if he doesn’t we can use it for target practice.
Reason 5:
I don’t get what is wrong with me having a paintball gun.
Reason 6:
We all can share 1 or we can buy more
It doesn’t matter.
Who cares if we have one or more, it is just cool to have one .
Conclusion:
Reasons that I should be able to get a paintball gun.
1.I am a responsible 13 year old.
2.I can obey the rules.
3.I can pay for my own.
4.Who cares if we only have one gun.
5.I don’t get what is wrong with me having a paintball gun.
6.We all can share one or buy more it doesn’t matter.
Perry told him that he received his email and we would re-visit our discussion. Perry and I then talked again and decided that, clearly, it meant a lot to him so with rules in place he could get one with his own money.
However, and I see the Lord so very often in these little tiny ways give the desires of our heart, about a week later I was ordering some airsoft pellets for the boys and noticed they now had airsoft paint pellets. I showed it to E and asked if he wanted me to order some to try out instead of a buying a paintball gun. He agreed. Whenever I order something online I do a Live search for a coupon code. I found a coupon online, put the code in and the paint pellets showed up as $1 per bottle instead of $9.95. I added a couple more to see if they would all be $1. They were. I then added 10 of each color, green and red, to my cart. They'll make a good Christmas present for the boys.
I haven't heard if E still wants to buy a paintball gun or if this is good enough. Either way, it is all good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment